Wednesday, April 8, 2015

January 12, 2015

"HI
This a long one.....prepare yourself. 

Soooo on Mondnhhay, everyone cancelled our appointments. Of course. So frustrating. So we literally just went finding with no luck. :( I hated it because I was just so bored the whole time. An idle mind is the devil's playground. That can't happen. ESPECIALLY on my mission. We did go to Cafe Rio that day though. I loooove Cafe Rio. We have one right around the corner of our apartment. In the same shopping center is Jamba Juice, Chick-Fil-A, Red Robin, Johnny Rockets, Chipotle, Cane's, Jimmy Johns, Carrabbas, Kneaders, Panda Express, ColdStone, Ichiban, Paradise Bakery (Panera owns it), Rumbi,  Subway, a nail place, Boba Tea shop, Yogurtland, a movie theater, Ross, Marshalls, DSW, Old Navy, and Costco. That is not even all of it. Seriously the best place to go ever. You have like 45 options. Such a temptation though. Half of those restaurants are my favorites....money? Bahaha jk! Only if Ya want to....my 6th month mark is coming up... ;)

I've tried some new foods again. I've tried Ponche which is water, cinnamon sticks, and fruit boiled together....it's good. Also, a tamale with only Colby Jack cheese and Green Chiles....it's also really good. Tongue....not good. Hated it. I'll keep you posted. 

Tuesday we ate with our investigator, Mayra! She is awesome! We know she knows it's true. She just has to get a divorce from her husband so she can get married to her new boyfriend. She's been separated from her husband for 5 years and been with Ryan (her boyfriend) for 3 years. She has a 17 year old, 15 year old (from husband), and 1 year old (from Ryan). Ryan is 23.....we dont know how old Mayra is...but Ryan and the oldest daughter are only 6 years apart. Umm....yeah. Also, it was awkward when we basically committed her to get a divorce from her husband so she stops committing adultery. This is what Hermana Turner said 2 weeks ago, 
       "So Mayra, will you use your tax return to get a divorce from your husband to get
       married to Ryan to live the Law of Chastity?"
Yeah she could have phrased that differently....but, we set a baptismal date with her in June! Bahaha it's so far away but she has to get divorced soon because we don't think either her and Ryan will move out of each other's place anytime soon because of Eli (the 1 year old). 

Soooo I got sick again. I actually threw up this time. Also my temp went up to 102.5 (pics are included). It started during Zone Meeting...I had to run to the bathroom and I threw up twice. Then I was like, "Oh, I'm fine, I'm fine. I just needed to get it out of my system." Nope. Threw up again. Luckily, I carry an extra toothbrush around with me to brush my teeth after meals! We went home after and I slept for 5 hours. Woke up and my temp was 102.5. I got a blessing and went to sleep again for the night. I woke up the next morning and my fever was gone. :)
Buuuut then Sunday came along and I threw up twice before church. Then went to church and threw up twice again. Went to dinner and ate so much soup that I threw up again and now I'm just laying in bed. I feel disgusting. I never got my flu shot because when the whole mission got them, I had a cold. So I couldn't get it. Lol, I am sick all the time. 
Obispo gave me cough drops on Sunday. We're friends! :)

So I got permission to go to the temple with Hermano Rendon and his family so they can get sealed. I've talked about him before. He is the one who is like my grandpa. He hadn't partaken de La Santa Cena in over 22 years. He hasn't been to the temple in over 25 years. Since I have been here, he has finally opened the door to missionaries to teach a lesson, has been to church, partaken de La Santa Cena, paid his tithing, and talked to Bishop about what he needs to do to go back to the temple. Apparently all he needs now is his interview. I'm actually really surprised I am able to go with them. Usually you can only go if you baptized the person. I've only reactivated him. But, President knows how hard I have worked on him and he is letting me go! I am so excited! We will see soon when they will go for sure.

Does everyone read their scriptures everyday? Say prayers together as families on your knees, morning and night? It sounds like I'm chastising you but I'm just asking yall to go back to the basics. It makes such a big difference. I know I didn't before my mission. I missed days because I was too tired. Just think of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane suffering a tremendous amount of pain. He was exhausted, yet he powered through it and performed the Atonement. The Second Coming is coming. We need to prepare. "This life is the time to prepare to meet God."

Take it one step at a time. Be consistent with one and then move to the next. If you don't, it takes longer and it get discouraging. Just like if you're playing basketball. You're trying to get better so every morning you're shooting free throws but you're missing every other one. You would want to get consistent with that until you move to the 3 point line. And so on and so on.

Sooo idk why I'm not Mommy's fave child (we all know I'm daddy's)....I've always chosen the right, never had any problems going to church, chose to go on a mission voluntarily, I'm pretty, funny, I have a lot of charity, I'm talented, I've never given yall any problems (except psychological ones which you can't blame me....you could really blame yourself because of genetics), I'm extremely charitable. Man, I'm the perfect child. Just thought I'd let you know. :) 

I literally study for 4 hours in the morning, then have lunch, then get ready for the day. We get to the church at about 2 and then have Online Time for an hour. After that, we go finding for investigators. We have like 350 potential investigators in our iPads for our one 3sq mile area so we have been going through those! We have dinner with a member at 5 every night and then go teach lessons at 6, 7, and hopefully 8. We usually have about 2 lessons a night. They're just the usual ones like L1, L2, and L3. Ricky can tell you more about it! ;) Then we go home at 9, plan for the next day until 9:30 and get ready for bed. The same old same old everyday! Except on Thursdays we have Weekly Planning and Church Tours. When we have church tours we just sit outside and wait for people to come and take a tour of the church. We've done it since November and we've only gotten one tour. Buuuut we have to keep doing it because it's a Stake Goal. Every companionship has their own day. We have 3 wards meet in the building and 5 sets of missionaries. We have to do church tours with the other sisters for safety reasons! 

But that's my life! Exciting right? Welllll, I hope everything is going great! I love yall! Keep on keeping on!

Xoxo, Hermana Dreiling"















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik