Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Second week in Arizona!

Hey everyone, sorry for such a late post! Sister Hermana got to Arizona last week. We didn't hear much from her then except.... 
"I'm in Arizona! I'm in the La Joya Ward

10350 W McDowell Rd
Apartment: #3225
Avondale, AZ 85392-9539

It's really hot here but I[m pushing through. We just went to a dinner appointment and I didnt understand anything." 

Here is her e-mail from this week (August 8, 2014) 

"Well this week has been a bit better since the whole "incident".
There's only 15 Hermanas in the whole mission. That's only 7
areas....cray. We're mostly in The Tolleson/Glendale areas. Pauline is
the farthest north Hermanas go!

Your car sounds pretty cool. I see you went with a cheaper car because
you're saving up for when I come back. #rangeroverhereicome
You guys should have gotten me some jewelry and sent it! That would've
been nice. ;)

I JUST mailed my surprise today since last week was Labor Day and the
post office wasn't open. Boo. But yeah I mailed it. Along with the
charger you guys got me.....I need to hook my camera up to the
computer (ex. Card reader or cord) not to charge it. I have my
charger! Also, I REALLY want a gps.....my companion does not know how
to get around the area and it's so annoying to go back and forth on
bike.

I honestly wish I could tell you how our lessons are going. But I
don't understand them and my companion doesn't translate. It's. Hard.
We have a man named Victor who has a heart problem. He has a
pacemaker. Anyway, he picked his own Baptismal Date and
everything...October 26th....and he was afraid to pray. So I told him
this:
Me- Victor, como esta
       (High pitched voice) Padre celestial
       (Deep voice) Si, hijo
       (High voice) estoy agradecido por......lalala
       (Deep voice) de nada
       (High voice) Por Favor Bendice Me con.......
       (Deep Voice) está bien

He looooved it. That was the only thing I've said in lessons all week.
True story. But the ward here is awesome. They always give me advice
(that I don't understand) and call me beautiful. That all I want in
life. Bahaha yeah and we had a haboob the other day....like a dust
storm. It was pretty sweet.

Well I love you guys and I can't wait to see you in 16 months! Bahaha so sad.

Talk to you next week! Also, email me back real quick with how much
money I have in my account....I need $600 Love you!

Xoxo, Hermana Dreiling"


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik